[Kde-games-devel] Re: Active Games?

Stefan Majewsky stefan.majewsky at googlemail.com
Thu Apr 14 21:23:51 CEST 2011

On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 4:21 PM, Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo at kde.org> wrote:
> if there is interest on the part of developers here, let's organize a meeting
> at your convenience (irc, skype, whatever) and discuss how we can make this
> happen.

I definitely am interested, but I don't see a meeting with me
happening too soon. After all, I've got a thesis to write. However,
I've (as you might have observed on Planet KDE) got a WeTab mainly for
testing Plasma Active and KDE Games on the form factor, so I can
review incoming patches appropriately (and do some work myself
whenever possible).

> not all KDE Games may be appropriate for or of interest to Plasma Active, and
> that's ok. some may really be more suited for keyboard+mouse usage. but i'd
> love to see the ones that are approrpriate get their share of the spotlight in
> Plasma Active.

I think only few games are really really not adaptable for the
touchscreen. We have about a dozen games which are already working
fine (input-method-wise) on a touchscreen, like KDiamond, Bomber. Some
need some work to support touch events, like Palapeli. Some need
additional interface, like KNetwalk: The different mouse buttons need
be replaced e.g. by buttons on the screen to select what tapping on a
cell does (rotate left, rotate right, lock).

Greetings
Stefan