[Kde-games-devel] Active Games?

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Thu Apr 14 16:21:06 CEST 2011

hi all :)

hopefully you will all have heard about or read something about Plasma Active.
if not, here is a reasonable place to start:

	http://aseigo.blogspot.com/2011/04/active-routes.html

i've also read about some great progress being made as a result of the recent
KDE Games sprint, in paricular:

	http://frinring.wordpress.com/2011/03/28/introducing-kde-games-to-
fullscreen-and-touch-interfaces-blue-wonder-2011/
 	http://majewsky.wordpress.com/2011/04/02/palapeli-multithreading-memory-
usage-and-interface/

when we started setting up the Plasma Active initiative, games were something
that came up on our shortlist of "things we'd like to have as part of Active
Apps".

what we are looking for are development groups that are interested in reaching
users on consumer device form factors (e.g. tablets or set top boxes) and are
spending some time towards that end.

in return, Plasma Active offers:

	* raised visibility
	* packaging on a bi-weekly released live & installable OS image
	* a community of people working on similar goals, and therefore with
similar challenges and needs

not all KDE Games may be appropriate for or of interest to Plasma Active, and
that's ok. some may really be more suited for keyboard+mouse usage. but i'd
love to see the ones that are approrpriate get their share of the spotlight in
Plasma Active.

if there is interest on the part of developers here, let's organize a meeting
at your convenience (irc, skype, whatever) and discuss how we can make this
happen.

happy hacking :)

--
Aaron J. Seigo