[Kde-games-devel] Re: klickety moved to kdereview

Johannes Obermayr johannesobermayr at gmx.de
Wed Oct 27 14:06:24 CEST 2010

Am Mittwoch, 27. Oktober 2010, 13:50:41 schrieb Miha Čančula:
> Dne sreda 27 oktobra 2010 ob 13:21:10 je Frederik Schwarzer napisal(a):
> > So, no answer yet from the release team. No surprise afer < one day.
> > However, with the feature freeze tomorrow, I would like to propose a
> > slightly modified plan.
> >    1) host the Knights and Klickety on git.kde.org
> >    2) copy it over to SVN regularily
> > This is what the Kate developers do. This way, the games will be part of
> > the module but still enjoy the advantages of being rather independent.
> > The trickiest part of that plan is to have CMakeLists files that work
> > under both conditions.

It is not tricky:
kdegames/CMakeLists.txt: set(BUILD_FULL)
$game/CMakeLists.txt: if(NOT BUILD_FULL)

> > The inclusion of Klickety is on the feature plan, so here is no hurry.
> > If Miha (in CC) wants Knights to be part of the main module as well,
> > we should decide this quickly and add it to the feature plan by tomorruw.
> > We then have ~two weeks to the hard freeze to work on the migration.
> >
> > Does that sound reasonable to you?
> >
> > Regards

> > http://techbase.kde.org/Schedules/KDE4/4.6_Feature_Plan#kdegames
> >
> Is it possible to have a game in git, and have the release team include it in a release? There are probably some scripts either for that or for syncing the repositories. I'm fine with any solution, but don't want to force a game into kdegames. I'm sorry I did not add Knights to the feature plan sooner, but it was because there was no consensus among the kdegames developers. So I think Knights are alright in extragear. I don't know the situation regarding Klickety, so it might be different.

I package games living on/in Git, playground and kdereview for openSUSE:

https://build.opensuse.org/package/files?package=kdegames4-extra&project=KDE%3AUnstable%3APlayground

List of included games:
https://build.opensuse.org/package/binaries?package=kdegames4-extra&project=KDE%3AUnstable%3APlayground&repository=openSUSE_11.3

Johannes