[Kde-games-devel] Re: getting involved with the kdegames

Mauricio Piacentini piacentini at kde.org
Wed Oct 20 13:41:25 CEST 2010

On 10/20/2010 09:15 AM, kokeroulis wrote:
> Hello
>
> I am a new developer and i want to help with the kde games module... This is
> the first time that i am trying to contribute to kde so i don't know a lot of
> things.... :( But i know c++ and as regards the qt, i know the qgraphics
> framework (qgraphicsview,qgraphicsitem,qgraphicsscene etc,etc),signals and
> slots and some things about the widgets (qlabel,qwidgets etc etc)... I am
> watching the kde-games-devel mailing list a few weeks now and i have notice
> that you are trying to port the games to the kgamerenderer library... So i
> want to help... The only problem is that i don't know how to port something
> because i have never port something... I have watched the patches that you
> have submit to the reviewboard.kde.org about the porting, but i got a little
> lost... So can you tell me which is the best way (for a newbie) to start the
> contribute into the kdegames modules? My main goal is to help the kdegames
> module,either with bug fixing,either with porting or with something else...
> (The porting was just an example.... I am also interesting for other
> things...).Also i know how to build something from the trunk... Thank you for
> your time and sorry if this thread there is already exist, but i couldn't find
> anything else so specific....

Hi, and welcome! Would you be interested in helping with KMahjongg
perhaps? Lately I did not have time to work on it at all, and if you are
willing to help there are some issues and feature requests in bugzilla
that you could try to fix/implement. KMahjongg is a game that lots of
people love to play and also how I got into KDE development, so if it
worked for me it can work for you as well :)

Regards,
Mauricio Piacentini