[Kde-games-devel] getting involved with the kdegames

kokeroulis kok3rs at gmail.com
Wed Oct 20 13:15:34 CEST 2010

Hello

I am a new developer and i want to help with the kde games module... This is
the first time that i am trying to contribute to kde so i don't know a lot of
things.... :( But i know c++ and as regards the qt, i know the qgraphics
framework (qgraphicsview,qgraphicsitem,qgraphicsscene etc,etc),signals and
slots and some things about the widgets (qlabel,qwidgets etc etc)... I am
watching the kde-games-devel mailing list a few weeks now and i have notice
that you are trying to port the games to the kgamerenderer library... So i
want to help... The only problem is that i don't know how to port something
because i have never port something... I have watched the patches that you
have submit to the reviewboard.kde.org about the porting, but i got a little
lost... So can you tell me which is the best way (for a newbie) to start the
contribute into the kdegames modules? My main goal is to help the kdegames
module,either with bug fixing,either with porting or with something else...
(The porting was just an example.... I am also interesting for other
things...).Also i know how to build something from the trunk... Thank you for
your time and sorry if this thread there is already exist, but i couldn't find
anything else so specific....

Greetings
Antonis