[Kde-games-devel] Re: music again

Przemysław Piłaciński p.pilacinski at gmail.com
Tue Oct 19 17:13:38 CEST 2010

W dniu 19 października 2010 15:29 użytkownik Shlomi Fish
<shlomif at iglu.org.il> napisał:
> 1. The download interrupted every megabyte or so and had to be resumed (I used
> wget -c for that which resumed automatically). The download speed was not good
> - less than 30 KBytes/s. I tried on two different hosts - one in France and
> one my home machine and they both yielded the same problem.
>
> 2. The download is an .mp3 file. The MP3 file format is encumbered by patents:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MP3#Licensing_and_patent_issues . Until these
> patents expire (see the wikipedia page), there is a problem using this format.
> I hope the music for the game itself will be distributed in .ogg . Can you
> comment on this?

As I wrote, this is a demo, which means, a demonstration. This is not
a file played in the game, it's there so people can catch a glimpse of
how the music will sound.

The download problem is bad news, thanks for informing. Try using the
player in the "news" section (the first link I supported,
http://www.pilacinski.art.pl/news.html) while I look into the download
problem. It also permits a download from a different source (the down
arrow on the right).

regards,
--
Przemysław Piłaciński