[Kde-games-devel] Re: Knights moved to kdereview

Frederik Schwarzer schwarzerf at gmail.com
Sun Oct 10 15:14:08 CEST 2010

[Eugene Trounev - Freitag 08 Oktober 2010 15:26:12]

Hi,

> The problem is that we already discussed all this hundreds of times. We
> talked about splitting, taging, packager cooperation. In the end no one
> wants to take responsibility to go and do it, because there will always be
> those unhappy ones who will constantly nagg about the change.

With the ongoing switch to Git the splitting debate will come back
to life eventually. If noone (neither here nor from the git switch
policy department) objects to splitting modules down to a single
application level (for us: one game -> one Git repo), I suggest
focussing on that approach for the conversion.

That way it would be easier to add and remove games from the module
from a technical point of view. There would still be "the module" in
the project pages, the mailing list, the IRC channel, etc, hence
discussing what goes in/out and other organisational topics is still
necessary.

The only thing to do I see is the adaption of the CMake files to
the module build/single build possibilities.

What I wanted to say here (besides flagrantly pushing the split
module approach) is that it might be a good idea to not make
decisions on the basis of structures that will probably not be
here long anymore and especially to not question those structures.
It's wasted time.

Let's discuss the switch to Git (the "how"s and "who"s; the
"when"s are decided elsewhere) and if that is done, rethink
what we have and ways of improving it.

Opinios?

Regards