[Kde-games-devel] Re: Knights moved to kdereview

Mauricio Piacentini piacentini at kde.org
Sun Oct 10 18:41:56 CEST 2010

On 10/10/2010 10:14 AM, Frederik Schwarzer wrote:

> What I wanted to say here (besides flagrantly pushing the split
> module approach) is that it might be a good idea to not make
> decisions on the basis of structures that will probably not be
> here long anymore and especially to not question those structures.
> It's wasted time.
>
> Let's discuss the switch to Git (the "how"s and "who"s; the
> "when"s are decided elsewhere) and if that is done, rethink
> what we have and ways of improving it.
>
> Opinios?

+1 here.
The way I see it there is a good advantage in having per-app git repos
as you mentioned, specially concerning bandwidth and disk space savings.
This way each app can maintain its whole history (including moves to
playground/kde-review/unmaintained/back to playground), and we would not
be creating a monster repo that is not really interesting for people
that want to hack on one game only, or two. Writing conversion rules for
the whole module + playground would be complex for a monolithic repo, I
think.

Regards,
Mauricio Piacentini