[Kde-games-devel] Generic Card Game Framework

John Schneiderman JohnMS at member.fsf.org
Thu Mar 11 21:06:20 CET 2010

On Thursday 11 March 2010 09:34:47 Parker Coates wrote:
> For the last few months, I've been working on LibKCardGame. Basically,
> I took much of the card handling code out of KPat and have been trying
> to make it as generic as possible for reuse in other games. It's still
> a bit rough at the moment (there's no API documentation, some parts
> may still be too KPat-specific, the API changes fairly often, etc.)
> but I still think it'd be a great place to start. I would also greatly
> appreciate more users to point out the more crufty parts.

I have a generic card game framework that is available to use now. It
currently uses Qt4, but was always set to be moved to KDE. Would you be
interested in working towards combining the efforts here? I'm looking to move
it to KDE and you're looking for a generic card game framework. You can view
where it currently stands on http://kardsgt.nongnu.org. In another thread I
have placed a link to the alpha release of the next version. I look forward to
you reply. BTW anyone feel free to respond as well.

John S.