[Kde-games-devel] New KDE SC Game

John Schneiderman JohnMS at member.fsf.org
Thu Mar 11 21:02:42 CET 2010

On Thursday 11 March 2010 08:35:39 Jonathan Raphael Joachim Kolberg wrote:
> Hello I’m Jonathan Kolberg and I‘d like to start a Doppelkopf game for KDE
> Doppelkopf is a German four player card game. I would be glad if someone
>  would give me tips and hint. Furtermore I would be thankful if someone
>  would tell me what he or she thinks about this intention.

I have a generic card game frame work already available. I have just released
an alpha (note it's an alpha because the next game has not been included yet,
not because it's not usable.)  at
http://www.codegnu.com/downloads/kardsgt/kardsgt-0.8.0a1.tar.gz
The code is currently out-of-date at the moment in some places, but there are
seven games you can see how it can be used. Note the more recent the game, the
more of the library it uses. It is currently based on QT4, but with this
release it'll be moved to KDE. If you have any questions on the framework, I'm
always on the IRC channel for it. The full developers details is on
http://kardsgt.nongnu.org

John S.