[Kde-games-devel] Licensing for Gluon

Arjen-Wander Hiemstra djfreestyler at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 17:41:44 CET 2010

>> Personally, I would think your options are LGPLv2+ or GPLv2+ for both
>> GluonCore and GluonCreator.
>
>  GPLv2+ sounds like a sane choice to me for what we're attempting to achieve.
> Thanks :)
>
> --
> ..Dan // Leinir..

I personally would go for LGPL2+ in that case. It allows for more uses
of the libraries
themselves as well, which is really what we're after, as much usage of
the framework
as possible. I personally think it would be awesome if commercial
companies start to
use Gluon for their games, I personally would only think it awesome.
At least for the
first few companies. ;)

It would also allow third-parties to more freely develop plugins for
Gluon. While this
might not necessarily be a good thing, it does help building a larger
community around
the entire system.

So yeah, I'd go with LGPL2+, to allow a little more freedom in usage.

- Arjen Hiemstra (ahiemstra)