[Kde-games-devel] Call for a documentation update

Burkhard Lück lueck at hube-lueck.de
Wed Jan 20 14:40:27 CET 2010

Am Mittwoch, 20. Januar 2010 13:16:14 schrieb Parker Coates:
> On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 17:47, Burkhard Lück wrote:
> > Hi kdegames devels,
> >
> > kdegames was the *only* module in kde 4.0 with a completely up to date
> > documentation :)
> > Great job!
> >
> > As you can see on
> > http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Documentation/KDE4_(health_table)#kdegam
> >es, nearly all games are rated Up-to-date, but at least a lot of
> > screenshots should be retaken.
> >
> > This is a call to any devel of a kdegames application:
> >
> > * review/proofread and update your doc and the screenshots
> >  update <date> and <releaseinfo> and commit to trunk
> >
> > * update KDE4_(health_table)#kdegames for your game and add the comment
> >  "Update is in trunk, backport to kde 4.4".
> >
> > The new kde-i18n-doc doc string freeze policy allows a backport of docs
> > from trunk in the first week after tagging a release.
> >
> > I will care for these backports.
> >
> > So if you update your docs soon w'll have them at least in kde 4.4.1
>
> I just went through the KPat docs and updated some terminology and UI
> references. My changes compile, but I'm unable to test them. I don't
> run a full trunk session, but just use scripts to be able to run trunk
> apps from a Konsole. If I launch KPat trunk and use the menu entry to
> open the manual, the SC4.3 version of KHelpCenter is used and 4.3 docs
> are shown. If I manually launch KHelpCenter trunk, the docs shown are
> still the 4.3 versions. Is there an environment variable or something
> that I might be missing to point trunk KHelpCenter at the trunk docs?

Afaik there is nothing to set for KHelpCenter, just the usual environment
variable. (KDEDIR, KDEHOME, KDETMP, QTDIR etc and then "export
PATH=$QTDIR/bin:$KDEDIR/bin:/usr/local/bin:$PATH"...

Did you install the new kpat index.docbook to $KDEDIR/share/doc/HTML/en/kpat/?
It is sufficient to delete the old index.cache.bz2 and copy the new
index.docbook to this dir, then the HTML is generated on the fly opening the
kpat doc in KHelpCenter.

Alternatively use meinproc4 path/to/kpat/index.docbook and open the file
index.html in the dir where meinproc4 was launched with Konqui.

That is much faster for proofreading/editing/reviewing.

--
Burkhard Lück