[Kde-games-devel] Call for a documentation update

Parker Coates parker.coates at kdemail.net
Wed Jan 20 13:16:14 CET 2010

On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 17:47, Burkhard Lück wrote:
> Hi kdegames devels,
>
> kdegames was the *only* module in kde 4.0 with a completely up to date
> documentation :)
> Great job!
>
> As you can see on
> http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Documentation/KDE4_(health_table)#kdegames,
> nearly all games are rated Up-to-date, but at least a lot of screenshots
> should be retaken.
>
> This is a call to any devel of a kdegames application:
>
> * review/proofread and update your doc and the screenshots
>  update <date> and <releaseinfo> and commit to trunk
>
> * update KDE4_(health_table)#kdegames for your game and add the comment
>  "Update is in trunk, backport to kde 4.4".
>
> The new kde-i18n-doc doc string freeze policy allows a backport of docs from
> trunk in the first week after tagging a release.
>
> I will care for these backports.
>
> So if you update your docs soon w'll have them at least in kde 4.4.1

I just went through the KPat docs and updated some terminology and UI
references. My changes compile, but I'm unable to test them. I don't
run a full trunk session, but just use scripts to be able to run trunk
apps from a Konsole. If I launch KPat trunk and use the menu entry to
open the manual, the SC4.3 version of KHelpCenter is used and 4.3 docs
are shown. If I manually launch KHelpCenter trunk, the docs shown are
still the 4.3 versions. Is there an environment variable or something
that I might be missing to point trunk KHelpCenter at the trunk docs?

Thanks,

Parker