[Kde-games-devel] Icons for palapeli and ksirkskineditor in KDE SC 4.4

Arturo Silva jasilva28 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 23:37:54 CET 2010

I definitely understand your position.

Actually, you'll recall I'm not a developer and even though you
provided authorization I did not actually sign up for the SVN access
(it was around that time I began to rethink my involvement due to
other issues at the time).  So I don't think in terms of "commiting to
the SVN branch" yet, but rather just drawing and seeing if the person
who manages the app (or the people interested in using it) like it.

But your workload is heavy as I can see, and even I, with prior
projects, couldn't always respond to everything that used to come my
way, especially when real life work overwhelmed my hobby.

I would make a judgement call to ignore requests/feedback from XYZ
people.  Sometimes it didn't matter, sometimes it would cost us a
valuable asset, but as I couldn't be on top of everything regardless
of whether I wanted to or not, I had to live with the decisions I made
knowing full well that it was the only decision I could afford to
make.  Though using a qualitiatve rather than quantitative approach to
your judgement, it seems like you're also trying to exercise the same
kind of judgement call, so I do apologize for not understanding you.

I still must leave regardless since, truth is, my confidence in my
usefulness is a little shaken, and so I divert too much resources away
from coding and into responding to my woe-is-me emails such as this
one.

But I will stay within the FOSS-sphere, and I will still support KDE
both as a user, promoter and financial contributor, since despite
everything there is no denying you are all very dedicated (sometimes
"too" dedicated) and have produced a solid, beautiful, close-knit
desktop environment.  I'm happy to have had the opportunity to meet
some of you, and perhaps some day we'll met again under different
circumstances.  :)

Take care and long live KDE!

--Arturo