[Kde-games-devel] The iPhenomenon

Eugene Trounev eugene.trounev at gmail.com
Fri Aug 13 16:09:06 CEST 2010

Sorry Ian, I hope I didn't scare you too much with my last email. :)
And well, it's not all that scary really. (Though some people here
seem to have thought I lost my mind :) )
The reality is that KDE is somewhat touch ready. And Aaron is right,
we did have a touch machine at tokamak this year, and it did perform
*somewhat* in Plasma.
[Oh and I conveniently forgot to mention that the WHOLE tokamak was
mostly about miniature devices, and touch interfaces :P]
And yes, Plasma is making a steady and visible progress towards touch
interface-ability (see Plasma Netbook for example).
On the other hand the very touch/multitouch support is not up to us :(
it's up to X.Org we depend on, and currently it's nowhere near the
level of proprietary systems.

However, the core KDE apps are not touch aware, and that includes
KDEGames. So if you don't want your wife to completely switch over to
MAC we have to start innovating, and we have to do it now.

That was the very reason behind the first a scary email -to *scare*
you guys into thinking ... and hopefully action.

We need to setup a *special* meeting to discuss the situation. What do
you think?