[Kde-games-devel] The iPhenomenon

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Fri Aug 13 09:14:48 CEST 2010

On Thursday, August 12, 2010, Eugene Trounev wrote:
> Unfortunately we will not make an effort :( Simply because the majority of
> our devs don't see it comming.
> Why, just this spring I was at tokamak (plasma development sprint ) and
> spoke to everyone about touch interface. The response I got was "not
> happening" :(

i'm sorry, but are you fucking serious?

at that very same Tokamak, not
only were we playing with Plasma on large touch screens, but we devoted a
large part of that event to Plasma-on-mobile-devices. all of the target
devices are touch based. the UI prototype developed there, which has evolved
 into Plasma mobile, is touch centric.

the "i'm the saviour, nobody listened, everything is doomed" tone in your
email utter bunk given the reality of what is going on. go look at the
screencasts Marco has done in the last year if you don't believe me: they
 are almost exclusively about touch based interfaces built with plasma.

*walks away mystified and disappointed*

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a