[Kde-games-devel] KScore2

Ian Wadham iandw.au at gmail.com
Sun Aug 8 04:25:34 CEST 2010

On Sunday 08 August 2010 9:44:54 am Stefan Majewsky wrote:
> On Saturday 07 August 2010 05:02:08 Ian Wadham wrote:
> > I particularly like that it has untranslated identifiers for "categories"
> > and program-defined fields.
>
> Actually, the
> distinction between identifier and caption is borrowed from KScoreDialog,
> where this problem occurred about two years ago.

Maybe I am dumb, but I cannot see how or where KScoreDialog implements
this.  In KGoldrunner, for example, a set of levels is called "Curse of the
Mummy" in English, but its internal untranslated identifier is "CM" and this
is used to identify a block of high scores.  When I compile with KScoreDialog
enabled, I get things like "CM" in the high-score table's tabs, not "Curse
of the Mummy" or its translation and "CM" is undesirable because it would
be unintelligible to the end-user.

Can anyone explain?  Ian W.