[Kde-games-devel] Update Maintainers Wiki Page

Dennis Malcorps dennis.malcorps at googlemail.com
Mon Apr 19 03:14:41 CEST 2010

Hello Fela,

I'm a german computer science student and I would like to work on KBreakOut.
I have been thinking about writing an Arkanoid clone for quite a while, but
university is quite time consuming. The major problem is, I haven't worked
with Qt yet (let alone KDE), I have a basic grip of C++, but I'm more
familiar with Python and Java.

I do have some ideas I would really like to implement in KBreakOut, like a
level editor, different level sets, better physics (e.g. the ball bouncing
off correctly of the edge of a brick), sound and multiplayer support. Since
these changes are rather big, I thought it would be better to start a new
project from scratch and meanwhile just help fixing some bugs in KBreakOut.
Any thoughts on this?

Besides, would it be possible to write this new game with Python? Or is C++
mandatory?

Regards, Dennis Malcorps