[Kde-games-devel] Kolf Art?

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Sep 8 21:35:18 CEST 2009

Arturo Silva wrote:
> Oh, I've seen minigolf courses with green (more for silliness really).  :)
> Either way, the hope is to provide a sampling a different textures
> (including green, snow, metal, maybe even lava, bamboo, moon rock,
> etc) so that course builders can get pretty creative with theming.

I'm not sure I would do that. I'm on the fence with "green" (I can see
it as useful, e.g. for marking parts of the course, so I am not really
opposed), but things like "moon rock" strike me as a choice of theming
rather than something to be mixed in with grass in a single course.

Don't forget "prehistoric" theme with tar pits instead of water ;-).

I think I would go with the following:
- turf 1+2 (normal friction)
- rock (low friction)
- sand (high friction)
- wall (impassible, ball bounces off)
- water (ball is lost on entering)

Those are "internal" names, they can be whatever you like in a theme.

Some possible themes: classic, industrial, volcano, prehistoric, desert,
winter, lunar...

That said, what terrain types does Kolf2 /currently/ support? Obviously
turf, wall, water, and I assume sand; any thoughts on one or more
low-friction terrain types?

--
Matthew
Q: Why doesn't Fedora provides ponies? -- Benny Amorsen