[Kde-games-devel] Kolf Art?

Arturo Silva jasilva28 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 16:56:46 CEST 2009

>> My plan for 3d water is a shader., but this won't really work on the GMA950, we'll have to see... 2d is not for me to decide.

If at all possible, it'd be great to build a limited graphics option
(auto-detectable if possible) so that complex 3D graphics are
downscaled to hardware-agnostic equivalents.  So on an IIG-equipped
netbook, the shader-based water effects would be replaced with a
texture-cycler (a la 1990).  :)

>> At the moment, only still image is support(as the backgroud image), the animation for 2d view is not taken into account yet. Maybe Stefan has some plans, don't know about that.

Okay, so just to play it safe I'll make the new water texture based on
a static premise.  Hopefully Stefan can get me the animation support
for textures, as it would really help enormously for the polish.  :)

No rush, though.  ^^

--Arturo