[Kde-games-devel] Kolf Art?

Arturo Silva jasilva28 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 05:03:02 CEST 2009

I have some more Kolf graphics to deliver.

Below are revamped grass, sand and rock textures and their
corresponding source files:

http://pigux.com/kde4/default-grass2.jpg
http://pigux.com/kde4/default-rock2.jpg
http://pigux.com/kde4/default-sand2.jpg

http://pigux.com/kde4/vector-grass2.svg
http://pigux.com/kde4/vector-rocks2.svg
http://pigux.com/kde4/vector-sand2.svg

The SVG files were wastefully large (in file size) at 256x256, so I
reduced these to something more compact.  A 256x256 tile can still be
created by combining four tiles into one, although this seems to only
apply to the 3D view.

I also tried modifying the heightmap:

http://pigux.com/kde4/heightmap.png  [this is the PNG version, not the BMP]
http://pigux.com/kde4/heightmap.svg

...but that didn't work.  It sees the program has the steep hill
heightmap built-in, and doesn't actually reference
test1-heightmap.bmp.

The water tile has been left unchanged for now, until I know what can
be done with regards to animation.

Given how the vector textures came out, I think the raster versions
won't be necessary anymore.
Let me know if you think otherwise or if you need any other quick
textures, but for now this should be enough.  ^^

--Arturo "C-quel" Silva