[Kde-games-devel] [ARTWORK REQUEST] Sokoban theme for magazynier.

Tadeusz Andrzej Kadłubowski yess at hell.org.pl
Tue Oct 27 21:17:39 CET 2009

Hello,

First schedule: I'm just after half a year without looking at the new
things in trunk. I need 2-3 weeks to make sure that all my tools are
back in place and get up to speed with new features regarding theme
support.

> 1) Just like with KSokoban, there is only a single side to the player.
>  However, would it be possible to create an option that would allow
> themes to use four sides to a player?  (front, back, left and right)

Sure. No problem. That's quite straight-forward.

> 2) Can there eventually be support for some light animation,
> specifically for when the box is placed on a goal?  Not talking 30+
> frames, but maybe up to 4 frames of given durations preset by the
> themer? And of course this too would be purely optional, in case the
> themer prefers to use still imagery.  I think it would offer a nice
> visual reward to the player for completing the goal, especially if the
> animations employed are whimsical.  ^^

There's some nice new stuff for that in recent Qt, so I've heard? I
planned to add animation for movement, extra animation for boxes
reaching goals sound fun.

> 3) I don't think I personally will need floor tiles since my goal is
> to use the background as the "floor".  85% of the background will be a
> top-down view, but the remaining 15% at the very top of the screen
> will be a small "true" background in order to add a little depth to
> the presentation.  Here's an example of that kind of hybrid
> background:
>
> http://www.thegimcrackmiscellany.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/
> homm34.gif
>
> Therefore, my question is: can we prevent the tiled components from
> obscuring at least the top 10% of the screen, regardless of the window
> size?

Any ideas about how to tell which part of the screen should be left
free? Metadata in .desktop file? Examining SVG data? I really have no
idea at the moment. Maybe I'll think about something later on.

> And I believe that pretty much covers it for now.  I hope we can do a
> lot of good things with Magazynier.  ^^

I'm very excited about it.

Best regards,
--