[Kde-games-devel] [ARTWORK REQUEST] Sokoban theme for magazynier.

Arturo Silva jasilva28 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 19:26:05 CET 2009

================================
Sean wrote:
================================

> I was actually thinking of a tug boat idea actually. If you won't to do some
> themes, you're welcome too.

Hehe, well I am getting tempted to start this earlier than expected.
This sounds like fun, and besides which I've pretty wrapped up Kigo,
have to do small revisions to Granatier and only a handful of textures
for Palapeli.

If I do decide to start this, I will let you know ahead of time in
order to avoid double-work.  For example, right now I'm thinking about
starting the ant theme first (since it's easy).  :)

================================
Tadeusz Andrzej Kadłubowski wrote:
================================

> I also thought that it might be cool to reproduce the default KDE 3
> ksokoban's theme - the one with pink crystals and green beacons. I
> think some users got used to it.

Sure!
That could easily be called "KSokoban" or "Classic KSokoban" theme.
That might be easier to do still, and we can reuse the gorgeous green
jewels from KGoldrunner's Egyptian theme. And speaking of Egyptian,
there's gotta be a theme for that too (it's pretty much mandatory at
this point, lol). :)

However, even though it's still relatively early in the development
phase, I do need your help on the programming side to determine
whether these art-specific wishlist items can be added at some point:

-------------

1) Just like with KSokoban, there is only a single side to the player.
 However, would it be possible to create an option that would allow
themes to use four sides to a player?  (front, back, left and right)

2) Can there eventually be support for some light animation,
specifically for when the box is placed on a goal?  Not talking 30+
frames, but maybe up to 4 frames of given durations preset by the
themer? And of course this too would be purely optional, in case the
themer prefers to use still imagery.  I think it would offer a nice
visual reward to the player for completing the goal, especially if the
animations employed are whimsical.  ^^

3) I don't think I personally will need floor tiles since my goal is
to use the background as the "floor".  85% of the background will be a
top-down view, but the remaining 15% at the very top of the screen
will be a small "true" background in order to add a little depth to
the presentation.  Here's an example of that kind of hybrid
background:

http://www.thegimcrackmiscellany.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/homm34.gif

Therefore, my question is: can we prevent the tiled components from
obscuring at least the top 10% of the screen, regardless of the window
size?

And I believe that pretty much covers it for now.  I hope we can do a
lot of good things with Magazynier.  ^^

--Arturo