[Kde-games-devel] [ARTWORK REQUEST] Sokoban theme for magazynier.

Ian Wadham ianw2 at optusnet.com.au
Mon Oct 26 23:39:28 CET 2009

On Tue, 27 Oct 2009 4:33:06 am Tadeusz Andrzej Kadłubowski wrote:
> Arturo da Silva wrote:
> > Here's the ones I immediately have in mind:
> >
> > - Forklift moving boxes into palettes in warehouse setting.

I was thinking of that one, but a forklift has forks protruding beyond
the square and needs to maneuver to get its forks under the box ...
and there would be sound effects ...  Oh well, SMOP! (small matter
of programming) ... :-)

> > - Space tug moving cargo into space stations in asteroid field setting
> > - Tug boat moving ships into ports in archipelago setting
> > - Dwarf moving gold into mining carts in cave setting
> > - Konqui moving faded KDE3 logos into KDE4 desktops in tech setting
> > - Ant moving food into anthills in microscopic ground setting
> > - Rabbit moving carrots into burrow holes in farm setting
> > - Penguin moving LiveCDs into computers in computer lab setting.

All good.  How about penguin moving large snowballs around?
Pushing but no pulling is a physical requirement there.

> I also thought that it might be cool to reproduce the default KDE 3
> ksokoban's theme - the one with pink crystals and green beacons. I
> think some users got used to it.

That actually used Povray and had quite good scalabilty of graphics
back in the day.

The background is meant to be one of those terrific galactic whirlpools
which nowadays are photographed by David Malin or Hubble/NASA,
but in KSokoban for KDE 3 it is shrunk and tiled a lot ... :-(

All the best, Ian W.