[Kde-games-devel] [FEATURE] KAtomic: level packs support added

Dmitry Suzdalev dimsuzkde at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 11:05:13 CET 2009

Hi fellows!

I've just added a new feature to KAtomic: support for level packs.
Level pack is simply a collection of levels.
Earlier KAtomic had a static number of levels which were tied to a code and
were not very convenient to expand by adding new ones.

Now any user can supply a new collection of levels, put them in a certain
place and - woohoo - play them.

Old levels were converted to new format (all-in-a-single-pack-file).

Adding this feature did require a slight changes in configuration storage
format, that's why I tried to ensure that all settings that user has so far -
level highscores, current level, info about solved levels, etc etc - are left
unchanged while katomic's configuration file is converted to a new format.

So I ask you, trunk users, to test it, so we'll ensure that users wont loose
their settings when KDE 4.4 comes out.

Just do the following (it's longer to read than to do it):
1. *before* running svn up, please complete some levels in KAtomic (if you
already have some, then great, skip this step)
2. Notice what highscores you have on each level
3. switch to some level different then 1st
4. svn up
5. Check all levels you solved are accessible
6. Check all highscores are in place
7. Check that katomic started and picked up the level you were on last time
when exited katomic

Also what can be tested is saving some level with old katomic and loading it
with new version.

Check out Game->Choose level pack... dialog too if you wish, any
comments/suggestions/critics are welcomed.

Thanks,
Dmitry.