[Kde-games-devel] [kde-doc-english] Docs for Kigo

Burkhard Lück lueck at hube-lueck.de
Sun Oct 25 21:26:37 CET 2009

Am Sonntag 25 Oktober 2009 18:28:26 schrieb Yuri Chornoivan:

> I've tried to add all your information to DocBook (attached). I used to
> make it with Kate, but you can use Syntex Serna
> (http://www.syntext.com/products/serna/) or even OO.o Writer to create
> docbooks in a visual manner.
>
> Please, do not be too strict. This is my first try.

And not far from perfect, so please commit.
(Yuri, the following is really not your fault, you just used the current doc
template)

But I would like to discuss some changes to this doc, which apply to all
others and the doc template (main + kdegames) as well:

* Do we really need the chapter Interface Overview / Menu Refence here?
- items common to all apps like setting + help menu, game open etc
  should not be explained over and over again in each docbook, for experienced
  kde users it is only boring, for new user a link to a centralized piece of
  documentation via a link is sufficient.
- no description for obvious actions (Game->New), if there is no additional
  Information needed
- reference only in case the user needs additional/special infos for an
  action or in case of apps with many menuitems to get an overview
  where to find stuff

* Do we really need a FAQ, when there are no real question?

* Do we really need an appendix with instruction where to get the source and
  how to build it?
- the intended audience of a doc like this should be the user installing
  distro packages
- for users building from source the information provided in the appendix is
  not sufficient, they need a lot more info e.g. from techbase.

@Sascha:
- Could you please add the screenshots in default theme/style?
- GHNS does not work here, error message is "There was an error loading data
providers."

--
Burkhard Lück