[Kde-games-devel] kigo

Arturo Silva jasilva28 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 17:27:43 CEST 2009

================================
Inge Wallin
================================

> This seems to me as a bad idea.  The reason for that is that Reversi uses flat
> chips with to different colors on each side (white and black), while Go uses
> so called "stones" which are oval in shape if you look at them from the side.

> A high-quality set of stones have the black stones made of a matte slate and
> the white stones made of clamshell and have a distinct pattern. That's what I
> suggest to try to imitate.  For more info, see
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Go_equipment

We are talkinga bout a top-down view, however, so the difference
between the unflipped Reversi chips and the more rounded Go ones is
superficial at best from that angle.  Not to mention that in the
picture provided I can't really see the clamshell detail on the white
chips.

But we can try to do something about it... Certainly the slate stones
could use a matte-job.