[Kde-games-devel] kigo

Inge Wallin inge at lysator.liu.se
Wed Oct 21 17:13:27 CEST 2009

On Wednesday 21 October 2009 00:07:17 Dmitry Suzdalev wrote:
> Hi!
>
> On Tuesday 20 October 2009 22:20:09 Sascha Peilicke wrote:
> > The
> > question is how to do that. I am currently considering extragear because
> >  it  has a runtime dependency (not during compile time) on GnuGo (or
> >  compatible Go engines), an 'issue' that other kdegames don't have.
> >  However, if that's not a showstopper to move into kdegames directly, I'd
> >  prefer the latter.

Yay for kigo!

> PS. Having similar loooking chips in kreversi and kigo seems like a nice
>  idea to me too.

This seems to me as a bad idea.  The reason for that is that Reversi uses flat
chips with to different colors on each side (white and black), while Go uses
so called "stones" which are oval in shape if you look at them from the side.

A high-quality set of stones have the black stones made of a matte slate and
the white stones made of clamshell and have a distinct pattern. That's what I
suggest to try to imitate.  For more info, see
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Go_equipment

	-Inge