[Kde-games-devel] granatier

Mathias Kraus k.hias at gmx.de
Tue Oct 20 21:41:10 CEST 2009

Arturo Silva schrieb am Dienstag 20 Oktober 2009:
> Hello there, I'm back. ^^

hi :)

> The open missile bay is fine, although I added a small switch on the
> side as an excuse to add a little green (just to  tie in with the
> other floor variants). ^^'

that's the little extra that makes it really good :)

> Also, I tried the latest SVN copy, and happy to see the ice panels
> working and the Pandora's Box "bonus" making its debut!  Great work!
> ^___^

among other things, I'm working on the shield bonus and just finished the
animation for destroying blocks. I think you'll like it.
btw. in arenas with holes in the ground or without walls at the edge, the
player will fall into the deep now :)

> And I guess I'm not the only one who says it;..... ^___^
>
> http://aseigo.blogspot.com/2009/10/comparing-kde-4-and-gnome-3.html

I also read it. it's great that the people like it.

> I'm going to be testing those KGoldRunner levels for a while, but once
> I'm done I'll proceed with the WaterBomb theme.  If you need anything
> else, please don't hesitate to ask.  :D

there is something, but not now. I plan to redo the explosion with some
animation and therefore the explosion graphics might need some modification. I
have to do the coding first and then you could do some polish on the graphics
side :)
btw, today I will commit the code for the block destruction animation and
therefore I needed another a highlighted arena_block, so I just took the
current one and brightened up the colors. after it's committed, please have a
look at it and tell me if you are ok with it.

> > I see your point. the current maps are best for two or three players. the
> > bigger the map gets, the more difficult is it to kill the opponents, so
> > there will be big maps for many players and small ones for less players.
> > after all they are very easy to create :)
>
> Yeah, I figure one of these days I should try to create my own map,
> see how it goes. ^^

I'll add the following to the documentation the next days, but it you don't
want to wait for it, this are the symbols for the map

'=' for wall
'_' for a hole
' ' for ground (just noticed that the hole and ground symbols make more sense
if they are swapped, so I will do it today or tomorrow)
'+' for a block
'x' will randomly create a block or a ground
'o' for bomb trap/mortar ... I really have to rename this
'-' for ice
'u' for arrow up
'r' for arrow right
'd' for arrow down