[Kde-games-devel] granatier

Mathias Kraus k.hias at gmx.de
Sat Oct 17 00:13:56 CEST 2009

sorry, had no time yesterday

Arturo Silva schrieb am Donnerstag 15 Oktober 2009:
> In a bit of a hurry, so I'll have to just dump this and let it explain
> itself. ^___^;
>
> http://pigux.com/kde4/storage/granatier/granatier_20091014.svgz
> http://pigux.com/kde4/storage/granatier/texture_cemetary.svg
>
> Slightly happier with the proposed "arena_launcher".  Also, to make
> the arena tiles match better, I redid arena_mine so that it doesn't
> look so out of place.

yes, it's definitely better, but it would look weird if a bomb would vanish in
a closed missile bay. I tried it with an open one and also removed the arrows.
what do you think?

> > but constantly move will work by keeping the move key pressed, or did I
> > misunderstood you?
>
> With Skate, I envision that the player will keep moving regardless of
> whether the keys are pressed or not -- the keys would only be used to
> change directions while under this influence.  Doesn't sound so bad on
> paper, but when you're either 1) very fast already, or 2) in tight
> corridors, this would surely lead to more mistakes.

ok, at the moment there are two possibilities that sounds good for this
handicap. the one above and the other from matthew, where the player has no
influence over the direction while moving, which would be more evil.
I have to try both before I decide which behavior to use.

> But a map large enough to give 4 or 5 players a little more breathing
> room could enjoy some good replay value.  ^^

I see your point. the current maps are best for two or three players. the
bigger the map gets, the more difficult is it to kill the opponents, so there
will be big maps for many players and small ones for less players. after all
they are very easy to create :)

> > yes, and the first one will be network support. then we can start playing
> > against each other ;)
>
> Oh, you'd destroy me. ^___^;
> I said I liked the Bomberman series, but I never said I was ever
> actually good at them, lol.  :P
> [same with Megaman and other such series].

well, you have time to woodshed :)

mathias