[Kde-games-devel] granatier

Arturo Silva jasilva28 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 05:29:47 CEST 2009

In a bit of a hurry, so I'll have to just dump this and let it explain
itself. ^___^;

http://pigux.com/kde4/storage/granatier/granatier_20091014.svgz
http://pigux.com/kde4/storage/granatier/texture_cemetary.svg

Slightly happier with the proposed "arena_launcher".  Also, to make
the arena tiles match better, I redid arena_mine so that it doesn't
look so out of place.

Mathias Kraus wrote:

> this will be done with the same code which will make bonuses vanish when they
> are hit by an explosion

That.... sounds awesome....
Sorry if I can't visualize that code, but I trust it will have the
intended effect. ^^

> yes, it does, but you can see how it will look.

True that, but I do take some comfort from viewing it straight from
KHelpCenter.  I would probably do it the next time in order to provide
an alternative viewing file for my changes (both docbook and html),

> "Kranatier" !?! well, here I definitelly prefer the "G" ;)

hehe, let me guess,... With a "k", it means something else, lol.  :P

> but constantly move will work by keeping the move key pressed, or did I
> misunderstood you?

With Skate, I envision that the player will keep moving regardless of
whether the keys are pressed or not -- the keys would only be used to
change directions while under this influence.  Doesn't sound so bad on
paper, but when you're either 1) very fast already, or 2) in tight
corridors, this would surely lead to more mistakes.

And then there's that extra bit of evil if you travel over an ice
patch with Skate.  ^^;

> to only limit is your hardware. if you want an arena with 1000*1000 cells, it
> would be possible but very hard to play. on the other side, I don't know how
> big your screen is :)
> I will add a section to the documentation how to create arenas. the simplest
> way is to copy an existing and editing it. it's mostly self explanatory.

My primary machine has a regular 17" screen with 1280x1024 resolution.
 I do however also use my 9" netbooks a lot as well as my old EeePC 4G
from time to time, so I certainly wouldn't go nuts if only because I
myself wouldn't be able to play them on these machines (without at
least squinting a lot).  :P

But a map large enough to give 4 or 5 players a little more breathing
room could enjoy some good replay value.  ^^

> yes, and the first one will be network support. then we can start playing
> against each other ;)

Oh, you'd destroy me. ^___^;
I said I liked the Bomberman series, but I never said I was ever
actually good at them, lol.  :P
[same with Megaman and other such series].

--Arturo