[Kde-games-devel] New Mazes game in KGoldrunner

Arturo Silva jasilva28 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 00:22:13 CEST 2009

 Ian Wadham wrote:

> I am regarding them as a "feature" anyway and have posted them in
> http://techbase.kde.org/Schedules/KDE4/4.4_Feature_Plan#kdegames
>
> The levels all work on my machine and Steve Mann's, but it is possible,
> due to subtle timing differences, that one of them will not work on some
> platform somewhere ... as with code.  So the more exposure they get
> before release, the better.  However, I am not suggesting everyone has
> to "test" all the levels ... it has taken Steve and me several days ... :-)
>
> More importantly, the levels contain hint-texts and those have to be in the
> hands of translators before the Message Freeze, aka "string freeze".  And
> it is not unknown for there to be typos and translation difficulties in the
> hints, even the odd bit of non-US English ... :-)
>
> "Center"?  Ugh!!!  Centre, centre!  Unfortunately, KDE insists on US English,
> so "center" it has to be ... :-(

LOL, well I've always been partial to "centre" and "colour" myself, so
I can sorta feel your pain. ^^;

Even after I'm done with Granatier, I do have a few things to do with
Palapeli and some Oxygen icons.  However, I do like KGoldRunner and
appreciate the efforts to improve it even further, so I'll book some
time for it for sure before the end of the month.  ^__~

--Arturo