[Kde-games-devel] granatier

Mathias Kraus k.hias at gmx.de
Tue Oct 13 23:19:22 CEST 2009

Matthew Woehlke schrieb am Dienstag 13 Oktober 2009:
> Mathias Kraus wrote:
> > well, this would be very similar to the ice on the ground, where the
> > player also doesn't stop moving when releasing a key, but can change
> > direction. I prefer the first one.
>
> Actually I was expecting skate should work exactly as if the whole arena
> is ice. And I was expecting ice means you can't change direction. (That
> is, it works like Chip's Challenge / Tile World. Not like kapman :-).)

I think it would be too evil if the player couln't change directions on ice
and that only bad bonuses should have such a big influence.

> >> Hmm... how does 'skatty' work? Was it randomly drop bombs, or
> >> continuously drop bombs? I am realizing, I think the latter would be too
> >> dangerous (to you, i.e. almost guaranteed death) because it will be hard
> >> to not form chains of bombs that all blow up (and blow you up) as soon
> >> as the first one goes.
> >
> > it's the latter, and that's the reason why it's called bad bonus ;)
> > but the continuously doesn't mean forever, only as long until your
> > arsenal is empty and when the bombs explode, it starts again. so if you
> > have a big arsenal, this is really evil.
>
> Okay, having tried it, I guess your arsenal is generally limited enough
> that it isn't too horrible. Still pretty nasty, though.

the limit is at 10 bombs at the moment, so if you are fast it should be
possible to escape even if the arsenal has the maximum size.

> >> Ack... now that gives me another idea; teleport squares ;-). (Probably
> >> these would have fixed targets, but you could do fixed target, random
> >> target, or random of a set of fixed targets.)
> >
> > I'm no sure about this, because it should work the same with bombs and
> > then it would be very similar to bomb_trap/bomb_mortar and there's
> > already the teleport bonus.
>
> Well, not really, it doesn't teleport bombs (well, unless they move due
> to move squares or kick bonus) because once you touch the square, you
> are teleported. (So you can drop on the destination, but then it still
> doesn't go anywhere.) Also I'd lean toward fixed destination, which is
> different from bomb tosser and mortar bonus (also the range is unlimited).
>
> > on the other side, the bonus could be replaced with the
> > teleport square. need to think about it.
>
> I'd rather keep teleport bonus if you only do one. (Plus it can always
> be an idea for a future addition.)

and arturo will hate us if he has to do yet another item ;)