[Kde-games-devel] granatier

Mathias Kraus k.hias at gmx.de
Tue Oct 13 22:38:53 CEST 2009

Arturo Silva schrieb am Dienstag 13 Oktober 2009:
> ==================================
> Ian Wadham wrote:
> ==================================
>
> > This seems to be a good opportunity to ask how to pronounce
> > "Granatier"?  Is it a non-English word or a made-up name?  Should
> > I say "gran-ah-tyay" (as in French) or "gran-uh-teeyuh", like the
> > English word "grenadier"?
> >
> > Also, if there are copyrights or trademarks on the names Bomberman,
> > etc. they should be properly marked up, with c or tm, using the XML tags
> > available in Docbook.
>
> That's actually a very good question that I've often wondered myself.
> (at first I thought it was a variant of "grenadier" which would have
> made sense given the concept of the game).  :P
>
> Ironically, though, I've been more partial to the French-like
> pronunciation myself.  ^^'

well, it's a early german expression for grenadier. it's composed of "granate"
( english: grenade) and the "tier" from "musketier" (english: musketeer). I
choosed it over zitzles, the only other name on earth that isn't trademarked
;)
actually, google had unter 200 000 hits fro granatier instead of over 2 000
000 for grenadier so I took the first. unfortunally there isn't a K in it.

mathias