[Kde-games-devel] granatier

Mathias Kraus k.hias at gmx.de
Tue Oct 13 22:20:58 CEST 2009

Matthew Woehlke schrieb am Dienstag 13 Oktober 2009:
> > I would also think that skate is a bad bonus. that's the one where you
> > cant stop moving, right?
>
> ...until you run into something, yes. It's possible to get trapped with
> this, also (unless you are allowed to change direction while moving, but
> I was thinking "no" on that).
>
> Example:
> ██ ██
> █  ☺█
> ██ ██
>
> If you have skate, you are in trouble!
>
> Actually if it is short enough, you might be able to place a bomb, slide
> over to the other side, then slide back (the bomb will stop you 1 square
> shorter), and now you can go up/down. But it is dangerous ;-).
>
> Suddenly hyperactive looks like a /good/ bonus ;-).

I like this one. sounds really bad :)

> Alternatively, you can stop, but not change direction, and any time you
> stop (either by try to change direction or run into something), you
> "fall down" (i.e. can't move for a few 100 ms).

well, this would be very similar to the ice on the ground, where the player
also doesn't stop moving when releasing a key, but can change direction. I
prefer the first one.

> Oh, my... now I am imagining the above, plus a bomb, er... falls out of
> your pocket ;-) when you stop :-D.
>
> Hmm... how does 'skatty' work? Was it randomly drop bombs, or
> continuously drop bombs? I am realizing, I think the latter would be too
> dangerous (to you, i.e. almost guaranteed death) because it will be hard
> to not form chains of bombs that all blow up (and blow you up) as soon
> as the first one goes.

it's the latter, and that's the reason why it's called bad bonus ;)
but the continuously doesn't mean forever, only as long until your arsenal is
empty and when the bombs explode, it starts again. so if you have a big
arsenal, this is really evil.

> > the circle could look like a missile bay from the top. I like the idea of
> > arrows pointing in all directions. arrows pointing to the circle might
> > also work because the bomb will disappear in the circle for maybe 500ms
> > to 1s.
>
> I like that, and it would be much more obvious something you walk over.
> Maybe something like a curved-ray sunburst could work also?
>
> Ack... now that gives me another idea; teleport squares ;-). (Probably
> these would have fixed targets, but you could do fixed target, random
> target, or random of a set of fixed targets.)

I'm no sure about this, because it should work the same with bombs and then it
would be very similar to bomb_trap/bomb_mortar and there's already the
teleport bonus. on the other side, the bonus could be replaced with the
teleport square. need to think about it.

mathias