[Kde-games-devel] granatier

Ian Wadham ianw2 at optusnet.com.au
Tue Oct 13 01:23:01 CEST 2009

On Tue, 13 Oct 2009 9:01:13 am Arturo Silva wrote:
> Before I continue, I thought I'd give a brief mention regarding the
> documentation.
> Since I'm no longer confident in editing the peculiar Docbook format
> directly, I'll be submitting changes via text here, in the hopes you
> can update them into the docbook on your own.
>
> For example, in the introduction, I propose that the passage read
> something like this:
>
> Granatier is a clone of the
> classsic Bomberman game, inspired by the work of the Clanbomber clone.
> The object of the game is to run through an arena, using bombs to
> clear out blocks and eliminate your opponents.  Several bonuses and
> handicaps are  hidden underneath the blocks -- these can either help
> or hinder your progress.

This seems to be a good opportunity to ask how to pronounce
"Granatier"?  Is it a non-English word or a made-up name?  Should
I say "gran-ah-tyay" (as in French) or "gran-uh-teeyuh", like the
English word "grenadier"?

Also, if there are copyrights or trademarks on the names Bomberman,
etc. they should be properly marked up, with c or tm, using the XML tags
available in Docbook.

Cheers, Ian W.