[Kde-games-devel] granatier

Mathias Kraus k.hias at gmx.de
Tue Oct 13 00:18:59 CEST 2009

Arturo Silva schrieb am Dienstag 13 Oktober 2009:
> Before I continue, I thought I'd give a brief mention regarding the
> documentation.
> Since I'm no longer confident in editing the peculiar Docbook format
> directly, I'll be submitting changes via text here, in the hopes you
> can update them into the docbook on your own.
>
> For example, in the introduction, I propose that the passage read
> something like this:

> ------------------------------------------- Granatier is a clone of the
>  classsic Bomberman game, inspired by the work of the Clanbomber clone.
> The object of the game is to run through an arena, using bombs to
> clear out blocks and eliminate your opponents.  Several bonuses and
> handicaps are  hidden underneath the blocks -- these can either help
> or hinder your progress.
>
> I'll probably have a few more things later this evening, but the key
> mapping will be tricky since these technically can be changed in the
> options menu (but guess we can work with the defaults).

thanks for your help. I will add it to the documentation. it's much better
than before :)

> > I'm not too sure about it either :-). Remind me, the arrows move bombs
> > placed on them? If yes, maybe bomb_trap should have a similar look,
> > maybe a circle, or arrows pointing in all directions.
>
> Well it is pretty tricky to visualize since the bomb_trap (or rather
> bomb_mortar) does hurl bombs in random directions, so the arrow
> version would be a touch misleading (unless they're curved arrows),
> We'll see what Mathias says.  :)

have a look at my last mail :)
curved would be an option, an other would be 4 arrows to the sides and 4 to
the corners, but I don't know if that would look too busy. feel free to decide
what  you think would look best :)

mathias