[Kde-games-devel] granatier

Mathias Kraus k.hias at gmx.de
Thu Oct 8 00:16:33 CEST 2009

Arturo Silva schrieb am Mittwoch 07 Oktober 2009:
> Before I begin, here's another updated graphics set:
>
> http://pigux.com/kde4/storage/granatier/granatier_20091006.svgz
>
> And an expanded cemetary:
>
> http://pigux.com/kde4/storage/granatier/texture_cemetary.svg
>
> Mainly focused on floor tiles today, although I'm not able to test
> them out to see if any of the details get eaten by the SVG renderer.
> ^^'

unfortunatelly the arrows get eaten. the easiest way to test it, is to open the SVG in gwenview.
I will add an option to show all tiles even if the feature is not yet implemented, so you can see how it looks like in the game.

> And yes, I almost nearly forgot about the manual.
> I can help you proof it or add illustrations to it if need be.  ^__^

would be nice :)

> > well, on the ice, the player will not be able to fully stop, the bomb trap > > just throws bombs which are put on them to
> > random places and the arrows will make the bombs moving in the direction
> > they show.
>
> Ah, so the ice tiles really do fulfill what Matthew had mentioned
> before regarding the skating bonus (or anti-bonus, however you look at
> it).
>
> And darn, I read this too late.  I thought the bomb trap was an
> instant death thing, but instead it functions more like that
> "bonus_slippery" idea from yesterday.  Guess I'll have to redraw it.

don't remove it. I'll use it as land mine. just rename it to arena_mine.

> Not sure what the graphic for the bomb trap should be, though.  I'm
> thinking perhaps an open-ended pipe (a la Mario Bros).

or something like a geyser?

> btw, do you still like my old bonus_shield idea?
> I'm wondering if that should be timer-based or simply have the shield
> around until the player gets caught by an explosion.

I think both ;)

> > nice idea :)
>
> Thank you. ^^
> If you like it, then guess that means I already drew the icon, lol. ^^'

yes, you did

> > I'm also not really sure if the archery target is good for bomb_range,
> > but I can't think of something else.
>
> Well, actually....
> After playing this game now for a while, I think I may have to
> renounce my support for a "bonus_power".  In all honesty, even if the
> power only lasted for one bomb lay, it would still make it even easier
> to clear the map of all blocks, which would kind of kill the fun very
> quickly.
>
> So I say let's retire that "bonus_power" idea, and give the power icon
> (the dynamite) to "bonus_range".
> I've already shipped the archery range icon over to the cemetary,
> since I plan to update it later to add the TNT originally meant for
> bonus_power.

that's a really good idea

> > While that is a beautiful, shiny ice cube, I'm thinking something that
> > looks more like a floor (say, floor tile with a patch of ice, like the
> > other floor tiles) might be better.
>
> fufu, actually that was my original design, and I wish I had saved it
> in the cemetary.
> But it didn't seem that polished to me, especially if there can be
> more tiles with ice in which case it would be necessary to have it
> appear continously.
>
> But yeah, seeing it in action would speak volumes.  ^^
>
> At least I know what colors to use now, so if I had to redo the floor
> patch it would theoretically be a cinch.  ^^

I also think it should be recognizable as ground. have you thought to make the ground tile glossy, like the bonus items?

mathias