[Kde-games-devel] granatier

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Oct 7 21:11:08 CEST 2009

(PDNQMEAUIMB)
Okay, since I put it in my mail anyway, for you I will move it to top
;-). Abbreviated... (It's unfortunate gmail - if you are using the web
interface - can't be configured to not do that. Or so I hear...)

Arturo Silva wrote:
> Before I begin, here's another updated graphics set:
>
> http://pigux.com/kde4/storage/granatier/granatier_20091006.svgz

While that is a beautiful, shiny ice cube, I'm thinking something that
looks more like a floor (say, floor tile with a patch of ice, like the
other floor tiles) might be better.

Then again, maybe not... hard to say without seeing them in action.

> But now with the ice tiles, I'm really not sure we need bonus_skate anymore.

Well, bonus_skate makes you /always/ move like that, even if the map
doesn't have ice tiles. (Whereas ice affects everyone.)

>> [stuff about teleport graphics]
> I was hoping maybe a wormhole

Hehe, but what does a wormwhole look like? ;-)

>> [stuff about bonus_phoenix]
>> Alternatively, it could be a real bonus; either resurrect a team mate,
>> or if no team mate is dead, first one to die will resurrect somewhere
>> random.
>
> That's an interesting idea, although not sure if I want the effect to
> linger.  I'd say if there is no dead player to revive, then the bonus
> simply restores a random block on the map.  That way the power can be
> wasted in style.  ^^;

Hah! That's hilarious :-D. Yes, I could see doing that...

--
Matthew
If you can't use a real OS, at least use Cygwin to fake one!