[Kde-games-devel] granatier

Arturo Silva jasilva28 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 3 14:27:57 CEST 2009

On Sat, Oct 3, 2009 at 6:24 AM, Mathias Kraus <k.hias at gmx.de> wrote:
> Arturo Silva schrieb am Friday 02 October 2009:
>
> you could just name it granatier and I will set it to the default. do you have svn access?

hehe,... that would be a big fat "no".  :P
I just learned I needed one while helping Nuno with the Oxygen icons.  ^^'

> the wall is great. I absolutely love it.
> I think the ground is a little bit distracting. have you thought of something more subtle?
> maybe something like marble with small crannies?

You got it, marble it is. ^__^v

And I can reuse the pebbles for Kolf2, so that'll be good.  :D

> at first I was also not sure about the blocks, but now I think they are also quite good.
> the reason I was not sure, is the number of bricks. have you thought to reduce them?
> another idea I recently had, is to make it look like a wooden box. but I'm not sure if it looks good.

hehe, ironically the brick sizes were originally much larger.  But I
was getting some nasty rendering issues that went away only when I
decreased the size of the individual bricks. ^^;

Was very strange, but yeah I can try wood too (I was actually saving
wooden blocks for the Waterbomb theme, to act as dams).  ^___^

> well, I had the same problem. it's seems to be a problem with KSVGRenderer, because it was the same problem with the preview in dolphin.
> it seems that some parts from the SVG are not shown, but after I redid the part that was omitted it was suddenly there. really strange.

Hmm, well I can definitely say that it is a handicap.  =.=
But it doesn't seem to be a problem if the SVG isn't too complex, and
besides its worth it.  ^^

> yes, there's a new feature. there are now rounds and after the time expires bombs are placed at random places.
> this could also become a single player mode. you have to keep alive as long as possible :)
> it is now also possible to import clanbomber maps.

Thank you!
Guess I'll be doing an SVN update today! ^___^

Also, I have to leave for a while, but later today Ill update this
thread with the new bonus icon ideas we bounced around earlier.  In
fact, maybe I'll bring in some examples.  :)

--Arturo