[Kde-games-devel] granatier

Mathias Kraus k.hias at gmx.de
Sat Oct 3 12:24:03 CEST 2009

Arturo Silva schrieb am Friday 02 October 2009:
> Hello all,
>
> I've begun work on some new graphics for Granatier.  The below file
> contains updated sprites for the ground, wall and block textures in
> the default "Clanbomber" theme (although the name is misleading since
> I borrowed very few elements from the original game).  Please tell me
> what you think so far:

you could just name it granatier and I will set it to the default. do you have svn access?

> http://pigux.com/kde4/storage/granatier/clanbomber_20091001.svgz

the wall is great. I absolutely love it.
I think the ground is a little bit distracting. have you thought of something more subtle?
maybe something like marble with small crannies?
at first I was also not sure about the blocks, but now I think they are also quite good.
the reason I was not sure, is the number of bricks. have you thought to reduce them?
another idea I recently had, is to make it look like a wooden box. but I'm not sure if it looks good.

> Updated sprites for the bonus icons and the flame blast are still
> forthcoming, plus work on the waterbomb theme.

I look forward to see it.

> For the most part testing the updated graphics was easy; however, it
> seems to me that Granatier has a node-limit with groupings as
> overly-complex graphics often omitted paths during gameplay.  So I did
> spend time trying to cut back on the detail of some of these (or in
> the case of the wall, replacing the original path elements with a
> dotted stroke).

well, I had the same problem. it's seems to be a problem with KSVGRenderer, because it was the same problem with the preview in dolphin.
it seems that some parts from the SVG are not shown, but after I redid the part that was omitted it was suddenly there. really strange.

> Hopefully everything is going well on the coding end.  ;)

yes, there's a new feature. there are now rounds and after the time expires bombs are placed at random places.
this could also become a single player mode. you have to keep alive as long as possible :)
it is now also possible to import clanbomber maps.

mathias