[Kde-games-devel] KScoreManager design

Arturo Silva jasilva28 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 3 14:15:47 CEST 2009

On Sat, Oct 3, 2009 at 5:55 AM, Stefan Majewsky <majewsky at gmx.net> wrote:

> Filtering and sorting is not a big problem, that does not have much to do with
> the storage format. The bigger problem is that KHighscore currently saves
> exactly 10 highscores, which makes filtering quite pointless. I also do not
> really like to save all highscores, because this could massively increase the

Ah, I had a creeping suspicion that it wasn't really saving all high
scores, so thanks for explaining that. :)

Although that does open up another line of questioning, in that if we
still only save 10 highscore slots, would that also negate the benefit
of modifying the ScoreManager?  And likewise, if we increase the score
slots to accommodate for the different level packs/difficulties/etc
(which will probably need more than 10 to stay relevant), that in
itself won't increase the loading times, no?

> It's progressing very well (just have a look on Planet KDE). If you like to
> leave your signature in the game, you can draw some puzzle table textures.
> Eugene has already created one SVG texture, and I've selected some JPG
> textures from a big GPL'd collection of seamless tiles. All of them are in the
> subdirectory src/pics/. When you add your texture, also add it to the list in
> CMakeLists.txt to install it, and use the right mouse button on the puzzle
> table to select a texture.

hehe, you learn something new everyday.  :)

http://planetkde.org/

Okay, will do!  ^^v
That was fast, btw! Thanks for working on that so quickly.  ^__^

--Arturo