[Kde-games-devel] KScoreManager design

Stefan Majewsky majewsky at gmx.net
Sat Oct 3 11:55:22 CEST 2009

Am Samstag 03 Oktober 2009 04:12:46 schrieb Arturo Silva:
> Hello,
> I'm not sure if I should chime in since this discussions deals
> primarily with internal code.  But at least on the UI side, would it
> be possible/feasible to have the high scores list filterable by a
> drop-down box, or a series of drop-down boxes (one for levels, one for
> level set, and/or one for difficulty)?  I imagine this can give you
> the flexibility you need in that window without the clutter of
> multiple tabs and of coruse all the filters set to "All"  would simply
> show the high score window as it is now.
>
> The problem though with my idea (aside from dropdown boxes being
> boring) however is that I'm not sure how the high scores are being
> stored in the backend, and whether the storage format allows the high
> score list to be filtered (or even sorted).

Filtering and sorting is not a big problem, that does not have much to do with
the storage format. The bigger problem is that KHighscore currently saves
exactly 10 highscores, which makes filtering quite pointless. I also do not
really like to save all highscores, because this could massively increase the

> And i was just about to ask how it was going with Palapeli.... ^___^'

It's progressing very well (just have a look on Planet KDE). If you like to
leave your signature in the game, you can draw some puzzle table textures.
Eugene has already created one SVG texture, and I've selected some JPG
textures from a big GPL'd collection of seamless tiles. All of them are in the
subdirectory src/pics/. When you add your texture, also add it to the list in
CMakeLists.txt to install it, and use the right mouse button on the puzzle
table to select a texture.

Greetings
Stefan