[Kde-games-devel] KScoreManager design

Parker Coates parker.coates at gmail.com
Sat Oct 3 14:46:16 CEST 2009

On Sat, Oct 3, 2009 at 05:43, Stefan Majewsky wrote:
> Am Samstag 03 Oktober 2009 09:43:06 schrieb Ian Wadham:
>> However, I choose not to
>> use KScoreDialog ATM, because I think the presentation can be
>> improved
>
> Please tell me how the KScoreDialog to look like from your POV. I'm currently
> envisioning to replace the score table in the middle by a QTableView.

I too think a table view would probably be ideal. The current grid
layout of individual labels system isn't necessarily bad, but it isn't
 really how the user expects to see tabulated data.

On Sat, Oct 3, 2009 at 05:55, Stefan Majewsky <majewsky at gmx.net> wrote:
> Filtering and sorting is not a big problem, that does not have much to do with
> the storage format. The bigger problem is that KHighscore currently saves
> exactly 10 highscores, which makes filtering quite pointless. I also do not
> really like to save all highscores, because this could massively increase the

I think it's very important that we make the length of the score
list(s) settable. Ten is a great number for, say, KMines, but I think
for a game that tracks scores for every level in every level pack, we
might want to drop that number down to 5 or 3 or even 1 score per
level. I think there is a possibility of information overload,
otherwise.

Parker