[Kde-games-devel] kblocks single game new implementation...

Dapeng Zhang zhangd at informatik.uni-freiburg.de
Fri Nov 27 16:43:24 CET 2009

Hi Mauricio,

The first version of kblocks is ready at

http://allheim.informatik.uni-freiburg.de/~zhangd/kblocks_new.tgz

It should be a single game with exactly the same functionalities to the
old one.

The new structure sets a basis for the further developments for
multi-player and (AI) game engine etc.. The structure is specified in uml
in the "dia" directory in the package.

The main idea is to separate the game logic and the display. The resulted
GUI code is much smaller than before. For example, kblocksscene.cpp is
reduced from 887 lines to (KBlocksScene.cpp) 323 lines. Extra classes,
such as KBlocksItemGroup and KBlocksControl, are created for the data
processing and game logic.

I wonder if there is a problem we didn't see. For example, We use a
different way to name files...

What's your opinion for the next step? Shall I commit it to svn, or start
a new directory in svn, or whatever ideas in your mind?

dapeng