[Kde-games-devel] KGamePopupItem stopped working

Dmitry Suzdalev dimsuzkde at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 19:00:00 CET 2009

On Wednesday 25 November 2009 20:24:53 you wrote:
> Thanks for your hints. I'm currently installing the 4.3.77 packages,
>  hopefully the issue is fixed in there. In any case, I'll prepare a set of
>  patches for KGamePopupItem to:
> * use QGraphicsPathItem instead of home-grown painting code
> * use the opacity parameters introduced with Qt 4.5
> * use QPropertyAnimation instead of timeline animations
> * introduce a getter and setter for a "primary view" (to allow the game
> developer to specify which viewport rect is used, for cases when the black
> magic that KGPI does internally does not work)
This would be great!
Btw you can use my test that i mentioned above - it allows you to test almost
every method of KGPI using a nice gui :) I urge you to take a look at it.

> If some of these changes solve my problems, I'll commit them to trunk this
> evening (if this is okay for you). The rest will go to ReviewBoard in the
>  4.5 cycle.
Would be cool if you pipe this patch throug reviewboard in any case.
Of course if you want to make it really fast or if changes are really minor
then commit it directly.

cheers,
Dmitry.