[Kde-games-devel] KPat Progress and Regressions

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Nov 16 17:57:30 CET 2009

Parker Coates wrote:
> The animation actually starts much quicker, but now speeds up more
> slowly and hits a maximum speed. So it's both faster and slower than
> it was before. :) Again, the actual values are subject to change.

I guess I can see it a bit quicker to start with, but then it stays
slow. I guess the point is I preferred the quicker acceleration and
maximum speed.

> On Fri, Nov 13, 2009 at 21:17, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
>> Maybe I am impatient, but I don't like waiting so long on
>> the game to be over.
>
> You're thinking about it all wrong. Think of how much faster the game
> is ending compared to if you had to individually move all those cards.

True, but I want my pony ;-). More accurately, I want my pony /back/.
Speed-wise, I thought the old version was just fine. (The principle of
'taking away something I liked is worse than not giving it to me in the
first place' comes into play here.)

>> Would it be unreasonable to offer an option for animation speed?
>
> For 4.4? Yes. :)
>
> For 4.5? Maybe. KPat doesn't have a configuration dialog, and Coolo
> has expressed some desire to keep it that way. We can really add any
> more settings to the Settings menu without it feeling much to crowded.

I was assuming it would go in the settings menu :-).

> Personally, I don't think it should be that difficult to come up with
> a balanced set of speeds that'll be equally usable for all.

Really? aseigo thinks it is too fast (presumably, "still" too fast). I
think it is too slow. I'm not sure how you plan to make us both happy
w/o an option.

--
Matthew
KDE: Desktop Excellence