[Kde-games-devel] Help about a new game

Vincent vincent.touffi at gmail.com
Sat May 9 03:08:23 CEST 2009

2009/5/8 Matt Williams <lists at milliams.com>:
> On 2009/5/9 Vincent wrote
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I don't know if it's the correct place to post this but I try.
>>
>> I have made a clone of the klickety game, which was in KDE3, in order
>> to learn Qt4/KDE4 programming and for fun !
>> So I'm looking for some help and/or advises to finish it. The main
>> functionalities work at the moment but I think some parts of the code
>> are awful.
>
> It's great that you're learning KDE/Qt programming. You've come to the
> right place indeed. While this mailing list is primarily about games
> that are actually in the kdegames official distribution we're more
> than happy to help you with any questions you have.
>
> If you want to have a chat with anyone or just ask questions then send
> an email to this list or come join us in our IRC chatroom at #kdegames
> on the irc.freenode.net server. We've got new and experienced
> programmers there so don't be afraid to ask any questions. Oh, and
> don't worry if your code is awful - I'm sure we all started writing
> awful code :)

Thank you for the answer.
Actually, I have some problems to make the settings window. I don't
know where to search and I don't understand how it works. Currently
all properties are hard-coded in the program and I'd like to change
that.

An another small problem I have is that my window appear too little in
the first launch. I mean the main widget is cut by the sides of the
window. It's based on a QGraphicsView which contains a QGraphicsScene.
I don't know if it's clear...

Thanks,

Vincent