[Kde-games-devel] Help about a new game

Stefan Majewsky majewsky at gmx.net
Sat May 9 18:31:07 CEST 2009

On Samstag 09 Mai 2009 03:08:23 Vincent wrote:
> Thank you for the answer.
> Actually, I have some problems to make the settings window. I don't
> know where to search and I don't understand how it works. Currently
> all properties are hard-coded in the program and I'd like to change
> that.

Such stuff is done with the KConfig classes. On a low level, KConfig
represents a configuration file, and KConfigGroup is a key-value list inside
this file. On a higher level, you might want to use KConfigXT.

With KConfigXT, you write a XML description of your configuration (i.e. the
available keys, default values, descriptions etc.) and have the build system
create a class for that automatically. This technique is used by most KDE
games, so a plenty of examples is available on our SVN repository at
svn://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde/trunk/KDE/kdegames. As far as I know, one can
even have the libraries create a full-fledged configuration dialog, can anyone
confirm that and give further hints, please?).

Greetings
Stefan