[Kde-games-devel] card deck copyrights

Parker Coates parker.coates at gmail.com
Thu May 7 03:01:37 CEST 2009

On Wed, May 6, 2009 at 8:25 PM, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> I've now committed the SVG version of penguins. Please check if there
> are any concerns regarding the updated copyright.
>
> In addition, I'd like to commit this:
> $ cat svg-gm-paris/COPYING
> The Paris deck is an SVG adaptation of a 19th century French deck,
> and is Public Domain. SVG adaptation by Richard Hoelscher.
>
> Any objections? Callum McKenzie helpfully tracked down the copyright
> information (or rather lack thereof), which can be verified here:
> http://markmail.org/message/nbutimcp6a4bjhu6

Nice work on the deck. Might I suggest you get rid of the "glares" on
the face card penguins? They look okay on the Ace of Spades as they're
more subtle there. On the unshaded cards they don't really look
natural as I'm pretty sure even a wet penguin isn't that shiny. ;)

Doubly nice work on tracking down the copyright info. I'm now worried
I might have broken the rules in converting the Standard deck to SVG.
The original artwork had no copyright info and the new SVG doesn't
have any either, so I guess that's neither a net loss nor a net win.

Parker